Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Unfrorgetable

I was flipping through some pics that I had on my other computer and found some interesting photos. Found this old logo too, the origional used to start the company that is now more of a work in progress than ever before. I owe a lot to the cycling community as the marketing process of building the brand started with these audiences.
Ah, the Pfoodgirls. We had our booth right next to the Mich Ultra booth. This was the Velo Force Race Weekend at Corondelet Park in St. Louis.
This was at Cliff Cave and most likely 02 because I blinged myself at Castlewood with C-bone/skapula combo. Keister, Bauer, Thrasher, Ploch. Nothing but hard tails.

BLM aka Brendon Mcnamee suffered somewhat of an early close to his season with a broken C-bone, scapula and one majorly lacerated EGO on this here photo jump at the start of the Rolla race. That race seems to produce some crazy injuries. This photo is 05. In 06 we had a broken hip back in the farthest part of the Kantuck trail.
This is Craig Thrasher, The Smartest Man in the World, followed by Chris Denno. For some reason I was thinking this was at Cliff Cave and maybe as hearly as 03. Hell, it might not be Thrasher either, kind of looks like Corey. Thrasher, please advise.

Chris Denno is a hero of mine. He shows up in 2001 in Levi jeans and does the whole season, maybe two seasons in 501's and tee shirt. All the rest of us had on Dogfish kits, thinking we were the digs. Denno shows up with his kid Kyle, who ends up being a player for the next 5 seasons. Chris is a quality guy, he, Kyle and one other guy, whose name escapes me were very active in the race set-up and break down through the years. I am looking forward to seeing them in 07. I caught this photo last year at the seasons closer at Spanish Lake.
This was the start at Burnin at the Bluff 06. Russ and Adrian and others always put on a great event. After a half mile run, the riders had to find their bikes, which were re-arranged while they were getting to the start line. Classic.
This is a good shot of some usual suspect. Dirt Crit series, 04 I believe. Leistner, Pedro Silva with the handicap flag, Thrasher and another guy who I know is on the ICCC now and does Cross. The Dirt Crit races were great fun. We hope to see them again. Pedro has left the state to pursue new horizons.
This pic was also of the Dirt Crit series. Duane, leading me out and who else but but now Border Patrol Guru Crazy Dave. I kind of miss ole Crazy Dave in that presidential limousine he used to drive around in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Cliff Cave photo has me on a full suspension, not a hardtail....but why do I look so thin? ;-)

The ralph account said...

Yes, you would be the only one on full suspension, before they actually hit the market. You look thin because in Missouri we ride up hills. And you were still living here.

Anonymous said...

I will not approve on it. I regard as polite post. Particularly the designation attracted me to review the sound story.

Anonymous said...

hey your blog design is very nice, neat and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always like browsing your site.

- Norman