Friday, April 13, 2007

Stan


We finished up our Junior Achievement class last night and I B-lined it to Dierbergs to get a healthy salad for dinner because the girls ditched me and I was on my own for dinner. I spent 27 bucks. Never, ever go to the store for dinner when you are hungry. I ended up with chili, and a colorful creation of magical goodness. For 27 bucks. I tossed in some of those two for one pita chips, some baguette, hell, I was hungry and I ate it all.

So here I am, 5:00 am, suffering from a two pound dosage of foliage and chili, can't sleep, trying to fill up some time. Brilliant caloric intake eh Stan? Right before falling asleep? What is the deal with the lack of sleep and a pile of lettuce? Stan, by the way, is the Dietetic Disciplinarian. Whenever I feel the need to re-connect with my nutrition, I will call Stan, and he will dine at lunch on a three pound hamburger, just after I order my half salad half cup of soup healthy heart sampling. Stan, we will need a report. What is the deal with the lettuce, why was I unable to sleep?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah Ralph, I had a 5 credit class on the bio-chemicular impact of bushy lettuce / folate-rich chili on the adrenal glands, which sit nicely on top of the kidneys. It turns out that there is a slight dehydration reaction where 2 water molecules come together after the kidneys and then activate norepinepher....Ralph, you ate like a pig. You were at your anarobic threshold just digesting all that action.
Remember, eat as I say, not as I do.
Stan
P.S. I have some reading material I will send you on nutrition and marketing stuff. Look for it end of this week.

The ralph account said...

norepinepher. I will say that three times real fast...