Tuesday, March 9, 2010

O-Sports Kickin

Bookmark and Share


Ok, the blog needs a kick and since the O-sport season is approaching, why not start some trash talk. Boz, can we buy you some, something? Bauer, your cheeks were red on Sunday....

This week is the first mountain bike race down in St. Joe. I haven't sursly committed yet because I want a dry race vs. a wet one for the first of the year. I am indeed a bit tight but finished the Middle Fork loop with a little left in the tank the other day. The weight is good, almost sub 200. The reason is all the Nutriformance stuff has put on a little muscle mass. This in preparation fot the MR340 in July. I don't like the weight but the core fitness was great to have on that long ride last Sunday. That after a long ride on Saturday too. Friggin Geezer, I didn't need two in a row...

I picked up my boat yesterday at Alpine Shop. They and Lindenwood University are my sponsors for the MR340 and by the end of the week I will likely announce another. These fine folks support the Pfoodman in various endeavors relating to active living and O-Sports, that which makes good use out of our Natural Resources. This boat is fast, a 16 foot hobie pedal drive, and I have equipped it with the turbo kit, larger fins, faster. Looking to average 6-7 miles per hour and do a sub 60 hour finish in the 88 hour max boat race. I expect to finish, how bout I start with that...

The Dirt Crits are tee'd up. O-sport Intern Dave Conley has done a fine job of getting the permits, and securing the park for our third season. I will announce on Friday a couple more sponsors. But you can count on Alpine Shop as the Series sponsor, the usual pageantry doled out by Tracy and Chris with the bike demos, Lone Wolf Coffee Company will prepare food each night and there will be a "beverage" sponsor. I am thinking some of the areas top athletes will also be there doing their thing. Yippee.

Struckman says the after party is at his house each week after, for those wanting to make their Friday a foggy one. Don't cuss in front of the twins.

The Bigshark State Championship Mountain Bike Race is tee's up too, chip timing, a whole new state course at Castlewood. This one is gonna rock. Expect a surprise or two with a couple big hats coming from out of town.

Now, get on your bikes, your shoes, your boats, your tudes to get out and get in shape. This season is gonna be kicker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.