Sunday, April 10, 2011

Website set to launch


Well, the new Wolf Public House website is almost ready to launch. A bit wordy, but lots of cool information there. This will be the template for more operations.

And Gee, I have noticed that it is taking up a lot of my time. My work is fun, don't get me wrong. But The Wolf continues to evolve. From a sleepy coffee house to a vibrant pub used for all sorts of community things. It is challenging starting something from scratch, changing gears a few times, letting things evolve, keeping employees on track with an evolving concept. Our employees are simply the best, and when things get challenging, sometimes they move on. I hope those that have, come back some day and say, wow, that was a pretty cool experience. I remember thinking that of Mike Duffy's Pub and Grill down the street. I was a manager there when it openend in 1987. That is how I role, I look to the present to create a spiritual presence for the future. I know that things get tough, but the bottom line is that we were able, as a group, come up with something great to be around for a long, long time.

Yup, that place is complicated, with the catering to the schools, the music, the meetings, the promotions of O-Sport events, the Jimmyleg stuff, plus the social and human resource stuff that we use the place for, for Pfoodman. I can honestly say that the joint is well-used.

What is interesting is the clashing at times of different social groups. The smokers, who are often the blues crowd, (The Wolf has blues music as part of their lineup), the health and wellness crowd, those folks centered on active living and healthy eating. These groups are bookends a part and it will be interesting how we "become" a group co-existing. One group learning from the other, one group influencing the other. Politics too, we occasionally have conservative groups meet at the Wolf, across the room might be a charity event planning for some eco-focused endeavor. There are educators, pontificates, artists, plumbers, doctors, surfers, dog groomers, farmers.

The website will attempt to capture all this stuff. Look for it next week.

No comments: