Sunday, January 11, 2009

Obama's Redneck Advisor

I am clearly coming out of my depressive state as I, like a few others I know, begin to creep out from under our bunkers. Those which were built for long haul safety and recovery of American financial turmoil. I am still pissed about the whole thing, but I reckon anger is a good sign in the bigger picture after getting shell shocked with such a rapid decline of worth. I have already spewed my disgust for the system, those whom I've trusted, including the federal government itself for creating and allowing such a house of cards to be built and manipulated with our tax dollars by special interest incentive politicians. I have crafted a letter to the Obama folks in order hip him them to my situation, as it relates to small business. Please enjoy.

Dear President Elect Obama,

First off, Ayn (Rand) Coulter is mounting an offensive and it would be prudent to stay consistent with your pledges during the election. Don't be changing your mind on things that will undoubtedly fuel entries in to the conservative right catalog of ethical tribute. And also consider: There is a whole lot of others who still consider themselves, as Ann Coulter puts it: "Christian first and a mean-spirited, bigoted conservatives second, and don't you ever forget it." Now there's a buzzard who can spit venom from the pulpit to the tavern, eh Obama?

I kind of have to agree with her though. The reality is that some of us "right of middle republicans" were forced to bow down and admit defeat because of a less than stellar candidate performance/pick. After all, our party has a history of that. Our countries best interest at the moment is indeed the unconditional dispensing of inspiration, and you fit the bill.

BTW, I think it is a tad over the top for Coulter to bash you for wanting to use your middle name. It is yours, do whatever you want. But here is some honest to God advice Mr. Obama...if you decide to make Hussein a household name in regard to the presidency (and it is certainly within your ability to do so) you can count on me legally changing my name to "Redneck Kickass"--that which will undoubtedly have the same effect on those considering me for a career in public service. It is just not a good brand, sir. Are your advisers not telling you this? Use your head dude. Remember, you are there to inspire us.

I want to quote something I read recently by writer Stephen Moore. Here goes:

Politicians invariably respond to crises -- that in most cases they themselves created -- by spawning new government programs, laws and regulations. These, in turn, generate more havoc and poverty, which inspires the politicians to create more programs . . . and the downward spiral repeats itself until the productive sectors of the economy collapse under the collective weight of taxes and other burdens imposed in the name of fairness, equality and do-goodism.

Stephen Moore wrote this about the similarities between our counties state of affairs and that of Ayn Rands fictional novel, "Atlas Shrugged".

I ask you President Elect Obama. Since things don't seem to be falling short on crisis these days, what will be your chosen path? I noticed that you chose to speak out on the state of things prior to actually taking the oath of office--that which outlined your office coming to the rescue of what the government has created with, well, more government created programs. Will you create these new programs to insure our safety from more doomdom? Will there be fancy names for them as in the "700 Billion Emergency Economic Stabilization Act"? Or what about the "Auto Industry Financing and Restructuring Act?"

I ask you, and sincerely expect an honest answer, what the hell is going to happen to the productive sectors of the economy, specifically the small business sector--we the business owners with our own personally collateralized positions--we the ones with skin in the game, what will happen to us when you launch your "American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan?"--that which bails out failed businesses with the tax payers money.

Dude, yes I called you dude, because the reference is popular in our culture as a conveyance of tone used by folks like me and, to be honest, just about any hard working business owner trying to make a go of it. People like us e get a little bent out of shape over the legislative formality of things in Washington, the suits, all the political royalty, the imagery, it kind of makes the common man roll his eyes when questions are met with rhetoric and conceptualizing. It is time we got real here.

So I ask, why would you hand over a bunch of my money to people not capable of running their own business? The same people who are lining up awaiting sentencing in our courts for bilking investors, those with the golden parachutes, the white collar criminals who's corporate expense lines heavily, and with great regularity, dole out dollars that influence legislators decisions on law making. The same laws that were created and massaged in order to create the lending collapse that we are experiencing today. It is absurd. These business failures subscribe to the same image of elitism as you, the suits, the intellectual "isms" that steal away the public opinion of accountability. You played your cards right, I suppose, running to the rescue with your eloquence and oratory skills. But this is big time bogus stuff at play here...

... and dude please make note of the following:

The minimum wage increase just cost me 5%. Liability insurance is up 13%. My health insurance premium went up by 30%. Cost of sales went up as much as 7% and has yet to return even though fuel prices have adjusted back to the norm.

I am gonna need a check.

Bottoms up,

Redneck Kickass

No comments: