Thursday, August 28, 2008

Timber Rattlesnake almost slays Tieber

Saw one of these little guys, about three feet long on the Stinging Nettle loop at Castlewood this afternoon. I bunny hopped it and did a double take and looked back at Tieber to make sure he was not dying. Both Gibson and Tieber successfully hopped this protected Missouri snake. We moved it off the trail and it got mighty pissed. I wonder if the girls cross country team saw it from Parkway West, we had just passed them a couple minutes before.

I have never seen a timber rattler in all of my days at the Wood. There was a report of another on Chubb last week. I reckon there ought to be a coffee named after that snake, ifyouknowhatimtalkinbout.

2 comments:

Justin P said...

Who is Tieber, I only know a Teiber.

The ralph account said...

sneiber