Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sound Guy Stuff


Last night I screwed up. While upstairs finishing up my day job stuff, my Pfoodman stuff, I got a text from the manager at The Wolf. "Miss Jubilee is here", it said. Well, that was all fine and dandy, but we also had a CD release party for Scarlet Tanager, and two other solo artists. It was sure to be a very busy night. So it was a big surprise to know that I had two bands booked for the night and I would have to tell one of them that they were not playing.

I don't know what happened but one thing is for sure, I don't like to be the one responsible for for breaking the news to the likes of Dan Conner and Valerie, of Miss Jubilee and the Humdingers, that their trip all the way out to the county was not going to yield a night of work. Because that is what it means to these professional musicians, I take it very seriously, the bookings, and the loyalty that all bands develop for their venues.

I want to tell you something. These guys were great. So nice, no big issue for them. They ate and stayed to watch the other band. they knew I was in trouble. I want to publicly thank Miss Jubilee and the Humdingers for their understanding.

Man did we have a busy night with Scarlet Tanager. An amazing group headed up. Look for huge things to happen with this group.

No comments: